Do you like this story?
VoiceLive Play and Play GTX – Firmware Update
You’ve probably heard that TC-Helicon has teamed up with Sennheiser to put our fantastic Mic Control functionality into their e 835 mic. If you’re a VoiceLive Play or Play GTX owner, you can now select the e 835 fx mic on your input screen.
In addition to adding the e 835 fx to our input options, we made a few other small changes:
- “Correct Natural” HardTune style has been re-worked to adhere more closely to scale notes. Users found that “Correct Natural” and “Correct Chromatic” were too similar and wanted a style that fit between “Pop” or “Country Gliss” and “Correct Chromatic”.
- Fixed an issue where uMod styles could sometimes load incorrectly.
- Fixed minor UI inconsistencies (spelling errors etc.)
To get the update:
- Download and install VoiceSupport
- Back up your custom presets – read the VoiceSupport manual for details
- Power-up and connect your Play (GTX) via USB to your computer
- Open VoiceSupport
- Click on the “Firmware” tab after the program loads
- Click the topmost firmware version – it will say “new” next to it
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- NOTE: NEVER TURN OFF THE UNIT DURING A FIRMWARE UPDATE!!
- The unit will power cycle on its own and eventually return to its normal working state
- When the unit is “back to normal”, you’re done!