Is there such a thing as an earth-shattering user requested update? If so, this is the BIG ONE. This is the one that sends you careening home from work to plug your VoiceLive 3 into VoiceSupport, so you can get cracking and re-discover fun, Music, LIFE!
So what have we got, what’s in this bag of tricks, this rucksack of downloadable delights?
Well, here we go with the… FEATURES! UPDATE! LIST! (kaboooom)
- Slave to external MIDI clock sources
- Keep delay, rhythmic and loops in time
- Control any vocal effect and the looper directly from the 4 buttons on your mic
Loop controls for Switch-3/6
- Basic loop controls (Loop Track A) are available for mapping to Switch-3/6
- Shortcut to Loop layer (no need to press and hold to access the looper)
- Loop input select – quickly change the loop input between vocals, guitar and vocals + guitar. Extremely handy when looping in performance
- Erase all
Mix Looper to NaturalPlay
- Mixes loop audio into the NaturalPlay engine
- Allows you to guide key/scale from recorded instrument loops
MET Follows Playback
- The METronome in the Looper can be set to turn on and off when you play back your loop
- This allows you to use the MET sound as a component of the loop performance without having to worry about turning it off/on separately
- Auto On – ability to turn on harmonies automatically when you start a Harmony Hold
Fixes and Improvements
Improved Chord Detection
- Our core chord detection algorithm has been improved to offer better accuracy
Improved Vocal Cancel
- The ability to remove lead vocals from Aux input sources has been improved. It’s still dependent on the original mix of the music, but works better in most cases
Improved Tremolo Guitar FX
- Guitar Tremolo is now independent of preset/global tempo
Cleaned up SETUP menu UI
- Removed BUTTONMAP tab
- Added Mic Control tab
- Added Switch/Exp tab
- Added Mix Screen timeout parameter – choose between 3-10 seconds or OFF
We felt that the menus were getting too cluttered with parameters, especially with the new MP-76 and Switch-6 options, so we separated them out into more easily digestible menus. Also, the menus are now context-sensitive, meaning that parameters are shown for the device selected. E.g. you won’t see Switch-6 options when you’ve selected Switch-3.
Want to Know More?
Download detailed information of the updates in a multi-lingual PDF we’ve given the sexy title “Firmware 1.2 Manual Addendum (MIDI Sync).” Available in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, and Japanese.
If you got a brand new VoiceLive 3 and this is the first time you’re applying an update, you might also want to learn what was included in the previous updates (all of which are part of the latest firmware version, of course).
How To Get The Firmware
- Download and install VoiceSupport - our free app for PC/Mac
- Connect VoiceLive 3 to your computer using the supplied USB cable
- Launch VoiceSupport
- After the updates have downloaded, click on the Firmware tab
- Click on the topmost firmware version. It will likely say “New” next to it.
- Allow the update process to complete. DO NOT UNPLUG OR REBOOT YOUR UNIT!
- The device will come back to normal operating status on its own
IMPORTANT! Please note that applying this update will overwrite all your SETUP settings. Make sure you’ve noted any important tweaks you’ve made before installing the update.